Saturday, October 18, 2008

Two!

It's been hard to do any updating around here. Every time I turn around it's "no, we don't watch t.v. today, because it's Chag/Shabbat/Chag/Shabbat." So I did what any two year old would do: I said "movie?" as if that were any different! So no, I haven't watched a lot of Dora, Thomas, or Elmo over the last two weeks, but I did have another major accomplishment. I turned TWO!

My secular birthday was October 8, but it wasn't much fun this year because it was on Erev Yom Kippur. So I went to shul and tried really really hard to listen quietly, but then Ima took me outside because I was "fussy." I was doing pretty well for a two year old, thank you! It WAS my birthday (one of them, anyway) after all! I think Ima was fussy, so I ran outside and she listened to the davening from there. Then Abba came outside too and we listened together, and then we went home and Ima and Abba and I all went to sleep at my bedtime.

On my Hebrew birthday, 17 Tishrei, I had a party. Uncle Erik was there, and my friends Avi and Aviv and Lia and Eliana and Gilad (and his brother Eyal) came over and we colored, played with playdough that Ima made, and ate train (and airplane, motorcycle, and car) shaped pasta, and then went to the sukkah for a yummy cake that Ima made. It was shaped like a CHOO CHOO TRAIN! And boy was I excited! I also liked my presents!!!

The next day we went on a trip up north. It wasn't much fun, but I got to see my cousins Yosef and Batya and Estee, and to ride on a bus. Oh, and Abba let me eat some gee-gums (gummies). They were yummy!


No comments: