Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still growing...

This is a picture of me with my cousins Estee and Batya. Estee is five and a half and Batya is four. I went to their house in Modiin for Shabbat with Ima while Abba was away in 'Merca. My cousin Yosef, who is six months older than me, was there too, but he was sleeping. Here we are all dressed up for Shabbat. In a very pre-schooler sort of way, that is -- and eating fish sticks...

Well, I'm now really getting this "two" thing. I can throw a temper tantrum like you wouldn't believe, I can put on my own sandals (not on the right feet, but I can get them on nonetheless), and I can take my socks off. I'm not interested in the potty yet (except in putting toilet paper into the potty and flushing it every time I walk by... and using it as a stool to reach the sink so I can wash my hands).

I am speaking in clear three and four word sentences these days -- and in Hebrew too. I say things like לא רוצה and אמא עושה לי and די מסוכן and מי זה and מה זה

In English, I make jokes and think about my day even after Ima puts me to sleep. The other night I spent ten minutes shouting "Ego (Diego), Dora, Boots" before I fell asleep. Ima thinks I was replaying the episode in my head. I also point out when things are "funny." They make me laugh!

I am really enjoying my gan too -- we have a lot of fun and special activities each week. On Mondays there is a rhythmica teacher who comes to teach us songs and movement and dances, and on Wednesdays we get to hear stories about animals and meet a new one each week. Last week we met gerbils!

Finally, I wanted to let you all know that I can count to fourteen. It goes like this:
free, four, five, six, veven, nine, ten, eveven, ten, fourteen.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

And today we met a turtle, צב. I made nice, and he was very fun to meet.

Marissa said...

too cute! and so big. they all get this big, don't they? and, G-d willing, even bigger. i just can't imagine it! Ariel's counting is better than mine was. When I was his age, I could count the stairs in our house on 37th street, and it went "two, nine, tirteen!" he's a few numbers more advanced than I was!